Earlier this year, on April 22, the Canadian Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship announced that, after a temporary pause caused chiefly by the pandemic, Canada Express Entry draws will start again in early July . Everyone who’s interested in applying for permanent residency in Canada now has their chance! And since we still have some time, the best thing you can do is start gathering the necessary documents. In this post, you will find all the required information about the documents you have to collect or obtain before applying for PR via the Canada Express Entry platform.
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (for skilled workers with foreign work experience in so-called skilled occupations)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (for workers qualified in a skilled trades)
- Canadian Experience Class (for skilled workers who have at least 12 months of work experience in Canada in qualified NOC)
Regarding a language test, you have two options:
- CELPIP: You can take this test only in Canada, Japan, Nigeria, Australia, South Korea, Singapore, UAE, Philippines, India, China, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
- IELTS: This test is more popular among applicants, primarily because it’s available in 100+ countries.
Both tests evaluate four basic language skills:
Important: Your test results must be less than two years old when you submit your application!
- Full birth certificates for all of your family members
- Current marriage/divorce certificate
- Any other certificate or court ruling explaining your family situation
Who is eligible for Canada Express Entry?
Everyone who meets conditions concerning age, language proficiency, education, work experience and several other factors. Each program has its own eligibility criteria.
Is Canada Express Entry open?
Express Entry restarts in July 2022. However, if you are interested in applying for PR through this intake system, you should start preparations right away.
What is the minimum score for Canada Express Entry?
CRS point levels required to be invited vary. It may be as high as over 600 CRS points or as low as 90 points. Most draws were at 420-470. We are excited to see what the first draw after such a long break will bring!
How many points are required for Canada PR 2022?
Previous rounds of invitations hovered around 470 points. No one can tell the number of points required in future draws.